To me, travel is much more than epic landscapes and adventure—it’s all about creating everlasting memories. This spring, I experienced all of the above when my wanderlust landed me on the sun-kissed shores of the Philippines for two short (oh-so-sweet) weeks. And today, I’m still dreaming of those green, blue and turquoise crystal waters. Here's a peek inside my trip to Boracay and El Nido.
After a 45-minute flight from Manila to Caticlan, then a 5-minute boat ride to Boracay Island followed by a 25-minute tricycle ride, we couldn’t be happier to check into Fairways and Bluewater Resort. With three different pool options and access to their stunning private beach at Paradise Cove, we practically lived in the water!
Other than visiting the renowned White Beach, here are some Boracay highlights:
1. Book an island hopping tour
2. Cool down with one of Jonah’s Fruitshakes
3. Take in the sunset from the bar at Spider House Resort. People from all over the world flock to this spot, which is like a treehouse built into the side of a cliff
4. Hang out at Puka Shell Beach (aka. Yapak Beach) and drink fresh coconut water as you bask in the sun
5. Hire a catamaran to take you sunset sailing
6. Enjoy the beautiful views from the restaurant at Nami Resort. Ring a bell from the deck to call the bamboo elevator for a short ride up the cliff
After flying back to Manila, we flew with airSWIFT direct to El Nido. Taking in the aerial views of the Bacuit Archipelago was a surreal experience. Staggering limestone cliffs contrast white sand beaches and crystal clear waters. I could already see that El Nido is not just a tropical beach paradise—it’s one of the most beautiful seascapes on earth.